CSU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cleansing and Hybrid Quick Heal Macros

2 posters

CSU :: Public :: Macros

Go down

Cleansing and Hybrid Quick Heal Macros Empty Cleansing and Hybrid Quick Heal Macros

Post  Novastorm Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:44 am

Playing a hybrid dps class such as a shaman like Nova, a druid, pally or priest means you can bring more to a group them other pure dps classes. Ofc to truly get the most out them you have to pay more attention to everything thats going on rather then just 'duh hit/shoot dat bad guy duh, drools' tongue as you often find with most dps pugs.

Anyway the following simple macro allows you to target and cleanse/ heal someone by simply moving your mouse pointer over them and I don't just mean their icon in the party window this also works on the actual player in front of you, without taking you off your dps target. I personaly do this if I notice the healer is in trouble busy/crap/stunned/silenced or if the tank needs a top up in the hopes that it will buy a little time for the healer to resume and land a larger heal on them.

/cast [target=mouseover] Lesser Healing Wave

Just replace 'lesser healing wave' with what you want to use it for ie 'Abolish poison', bind it to a key and your set, saving you the trouble of franticaly searching for that forgotten heal or dispel button collecting dust in your spell book.

I personaly use 4 of these (two heals and 2 dispels for quick fights that don't warrant a totem) and even though my heals don't amount to much, has on some occasions not been in vein and prevented a wipe. One account of this Histi will agree was one encounter with Gothik when our 'awesome' pug OT at the time Subzor failed to follow Histi's orders and the adds piled on our poor tree and raped him. Out came emergency heal macros and by some small mercy my crappy heal power managed to by the time needed until the gate opened and the super healers Dev and Erai could take over.

So dps hybrids if you want to make full use of your class without ofc losing sight of your dps role, and ofc this also applies to other classes that can dispel/decurse i.e mages then whip up one of these macros.
Novastorm
Novastorm
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-10-03

https://dragonhawk.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Cleansing and Hybrid Quick Heal Macros Empty Understatement

Post  Histidine Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:50 pm

While the macro is useful, I can't help but notice a small error in your post?

You saved us all! It was amazing!

That's all Razz

Histidine
CSU Abandoner/ Moderator
CSU Abandoner/ Moderator

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

CSU :: Public :: Macros

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum