CSU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CSU raiding standards

2 posters

Go down

CSU raiding standards Empty CSU raiding standards

Post  Histidine Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:58 am

While this guild is mostly about enjoying a friendly and sociable atmosphere, everyone enjoys a good raid!
The question I get asked most often by prospective new members is when do we raid and what standards do we have in terms of who we bring. I notice that most of the discussion on these topics is actually in the hidden guild-only section of this forum.

So:
raiding times are 20:00 or 21:00 server time, usually Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays with some odd ones scattered about. Attendance is never ever compulsory nor will you be biased against if you don't show up regularly.

Tanks:
If you want to do anything at all, be defense capped. This means have 535 defense for heroics and 540 defense for raids. Defense, not defense rating.
If you have 25k health then I'd be happy to raid the entry level raids with you, OS and Naxx-10.
If you have around 28k health then we can talk about OS and Naxx-25, and Malygos-25.
If you have 30k or more you're welcome in our Ulduar team.

DPS:
Any less than 1500 and you need to get some crafted items, heroic drops or a talent respec to increase your contribution.
1500-2000 is fine for entry level raiding.
2000-3000 is fine for heroic raiding.
3000-4000 is expected in Ulduar.

Healers:
It is very difficult to pigeonhole a stat that makes you worthwhile, since SP, mp5, spirit, crit and others depend on class. However a simple inspection of your gear will allow an officer to determine your rough level of play at the moment.

These are all rough markers and are flexible if a person is skilled.
Now, I don't say all this because I like to be a gear Nazi and throw people out for having a green trinket. Nobody here cares about that. But it's important for people to have some understanding of how geared you have to be to do certain things, else all we're going to do is wipe all night.

I hope you've finished reading this and still want in!

Hist

Histidine
CSU Abandoner/ Moderator
CSU Abandoner/ Moderator

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

CSU raiding standards Empty Re: CSU raiding standards

Post  Nuna Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:35 am

I think it's good that this is being brought up, so that people have some sort of idea what is expected from them when they join a raid. Like Histi already mentioned, we are a casual guild and I don't think anybody is going to be playing the gear-Nazi. I think we all know that you have to start somewhere, and some lower DPS is to be expected if you just start raiding. Lately we've had the idea of boosting new members who haven't got the gear already through Naxxramas, in order to get them geared up. In those scenarios, somewhat lower DPS isn't necessarily that much of a problem, since there most likely will be veteran members joining, who's DPS can compensate for the loss at the lower geared.

There will very likely come a time where we plan another run to heroic Naxx, and yes I know you don't like heroic raids Histi, but I feel it will be inevitable when we actually want to venture deeper into Ulduar. At least, I know I want to Razz We had a raid to heroic Naxx last week I believe, but from what I understood, it was utter disaster. I've joined only a part of that run, where we had some attempts at 4HM and it didn't end well to say the least.

I do believe that if we actually want to succeed in heroic Naxx, we have to be more strict about who we bring and what gear a person has. I know that I've said earlier that nobody wants to play the gear-Nazi, but truth be told, there is a certain point where you just have to be a bit more strict about who you bring to a raid. If you don't, you'll end up bringing too many under-geared which in turn will end up in disappointment. Trash packs going way too slow, healers running out of mana because the DPS is too low, boss fights taking forever. Or maybe in case of Patchwerk, just plain wipes because people are doing 1500 DPS when an average of 2300 is required for each DPS.

So, to save ourselves from the pain heroic Naxx is giving us now, I think we should be more selective; check people's gear before we bring them. Character audit sites like http://www.wow-heroes.com are a good indication to see whether someone is capable of heroic Naxx, gear-wise. And if we were to plan a heroic raid and the properly geared people can't come from the guild, we should resort to LFG to see if there are people in there with the proper gear requirements. There, I've said it. Not that I don't like you all, I think you're all great, but I think you should realize that you don't have a spot in a heroic raid if you can do 1500 DPS max. It's nothing personal, but like said before, it will make the entire raid progress just be painfully slow.

What can we do about it? Something people can do themselves is just running heroics, grabbing those epics. Maybe get some crafted epics to replace your blues, that should get you on your way as well. I believe boosting the people through normal Naxx is also a good idea. Though, a lot of people will have seen normal Naxx by now, there are hardly any upgrades for a lot of people to be won from there, myself included. But yeah, in order to progress into heroic Naxx, we'll have to take one for the team I guess Razz

Nuna
Resurgence Trouble Maker
Resurgence Trouble Maker

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:23 pm

I fully agree with Nuna. I'm also against inviting undergeared ppl to harder content, it's completely unfair with ppl who devoted a lot of time to develop their chars, doing tons of heroic instances and stuff. I'm also against inviting ppl to naxx10 who cba to gear up on heroics but rather farm titles like Bloodsail Admiral ... xd

Nothing personal, I'm just speaking my mind ;PPP

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum